Welcome to European Course on the Pathology of Laboratory Animals (EuroPOLA 2017)
In February 2017 the European Course on the Pathology of Laboratory Animals (EuroPOLA 2017) will take place at the Vetsuisse Faculty (University of Bern) in Bern, Switzerland.
The aim of the course is to provide state-of-the-art information on the pathology of various diseases of laboratory animals to pathologists, scientists, and people interested in the field of laboratory animal medicine. The course content is designed to suit the needs of individuals willing to present European or American board speciality certifications (ECVP/ACVP and ECLAM/ACLAM) as well as for professionals seeking a quality continuing education conference.
The program includes topics such as morphologic phenotyping, pathologic features associated with inflammation / neoplasia / degeneration / aging, scoring, and digital pathology. Various mammal species will be covered. In addition the Centre for Fish- and Wildlife Health will contribute their expertise on fish and amphibian pathology. Special emphasis will be put on the pathology of genetically engineered mice and pigs. During this course the following internationally recognized speakers will provide an update on the most recent issues in the pathology and medicine of laboratory medicine:
- Robert Cardiff, Center for Comparative Medicine, University of California, Davis, USA
- Christine Göpfert, Institute of Animal Pathology and COMPATH, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Raoul Kuiper, Karolinska Institute, Pheno Core, Stockholm, Schweden
- David Meyerholz, Division of Comparative Pathology, University of Iowa, USA
- Francesco Origgi, Centre for Fish- and Wildlife Health/Institute of Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Alessandra Piersigilli, Tri-Institutional Laboratory of Comparative Pathology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, USA
- Sven Rottenberg, Institute of Animal Pathology, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Heike Schmidt-Posthaus, Centre for Fish- and Wildlife Health, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Bruce Williams, Joint Pathology Center, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, USA
- Hanno Würbel, Animal Welfare Division, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Inti Zlobec, COMPATH, University of Bern, Switzerland